Question for Econo-types

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 4 09:05:02 PST 2002

Thanks for the ideas. Sounds like a repeat of 'lil Allie G's lament. Tight labor market and wage inflation seemed to be the real villians in 2000. Can't decide how the market will react to jump in job loss I'm anticipating in the next coupla months since it should help many businesses.

Sometimes I wonder if the ECB keeps rates up so that they look attractive alternative to US Treasuries. And if money stopped flowing into US bonds, wouldn't the dollar drop? And wouldn't that be good for lots of businesses in US that are banking on "globalization"?