US economy turning?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jan 5 11:39:53 PST 2002

> I remember during the boom, the WSJ ran a couple
> of stories in which consulting firms had figured out that Microsoft would
> have to have x profit growth for basically ever to justify its price.

I'm not sure anyone agrees on such a formula; they must have just made something up that sounded good and applied it to Microsoft in sort of an arbitrary way. It certainly caught your attention! :-)

I think the experience of Microsoft shows that even attempting to compare profitability and price between different firms like this is kind of crazy, or at least irrational.

/jordan