inequality & health - evidence disappears

Juan Jose Barrios jota at netgate.com.uy
Sat Jan 5 14:19:45 PST 2002

Comment here: studies trying to relate INCOME inequality to other variables (such as growth rate) tend to have mixed results. However, once the independent variable chosen is a broader one, say ASSET inequality, the results are different. For example, there is a strong negative correlation between asset inequality and growth rates.-jj