Robert Wade

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Jan 6 01:25:58 PST 2002

Just whoa and back up here: "Terrorist act" is not a word that means a great deal. It just means an attack on civilians intended to create terror. It doesn't imply anything about who does the terrorizing. Are the US-backed Contras terrorists? Are the Syrian-backed FPLP terrorists? Are the Iranian-backed Hezbollah terrorists? Are the Pakistani-backed Taliban terrorists? In every case you have governments directing the action; puportedly autonomous terrorist organizations are being used to further government aims. The overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks are government-sponsored. Terrorism is sometime war by other means, sometimes psyops, sometimes armed propaganda, but whatever the case it's an integral part of many states' military/intelligence arsenal, the principal being the U.S. A corollary to this is that terrorism is tightly controlled and the chance that independent operators can get through the surveillance net is minute.

(...)

|| Countries that choose to leave the American-lead

|| secular capitalist club (Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan) are even more

|| dictatorial and impoverished than those (Turkey, Egypt) which are pals

|| with the US. Therefore I see no evidence that a withdrawal of American

|| power from those regions would lead to a better life for the people

|| there and an end to terrorism. (...) Yeah right, how about Salvador, Guatemala, and Saudi? Do the Saudi religious police have softer batons than the Taliban and do they chop off heads and hands more humanely? How about what happened to Nicaragua when it tried to go its own way; wouldn't a lot of Nicaraguans be alive now if US power had kept its bloody fingers out of there? Maybe you've never heard that Iran and Iraq were once democratic, until the CIA redesigned them? And I guess Indonesia really made it big after slaughtering 1/2 million CIA-blacklisted commies and installing the Suharto dictatorship? Were the majority of Jakartans suffering from TB, subsisting on a bowl of rice per day and washing in open sewers or was that my anti-US eyesight that was playing tricks on me?

|| When people on the left blame the US for all of the problems of the

|| middle east, it sounds to me like Jerry Falwell blaming homosexuality

|| for the terrorist bombings. Your pre-determined conclusion is that the

|| US is to blame to for all of the ills of the world. If Martians bombed

|| us it would be in response to American imperialism.

Well if the CIA starts overthrowing Martian governments, the US military camp down all over Mars, and Jewish settlers set up a nuke-armed state on Mars and start killing Martians with full US support, that could come too.

Hakki