Negri on globo

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jan 9 07:32:51 PST 2002

I think the problem is that marxism (small-m) wants it both ways.

It wants to establish a functional relationship between classes and economic outcomes, where class is defined by relations to production, and on the other hand it wants to paint the working class as immiserated, inviting sociological hair- splitting about what level(s) of income and wealth signify working class.

mbs