Visualizing Congress

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 9 13:19:34 PST 2002

Jim Farmelant wrote:

> In practice the election of more Democrats means simply the
> election of more moderate-conservative Democrats at the expense
> of Republicans. This as you correctly note has little effect
> on the ideological balance of Congress.

That platypus of the political world, the Progressive Democrat, actually has a use. I have never seen a more concise statement of the absolute resistance of capitalism to significant electoral change than this post you quote from Nathan. It is the most severe denunciation of the Democratic Party that I have ever read.

Carrol