Negri on globo

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 13:35:39 PST 2002

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wAlso, Marxists
> emphasize ownership relationship to the means of
> production, but this has never meant ignoring the
> poverty of the relative surplus population/reserved
> army of unemployed, or failure to acknowledge
> different income strata in the working class or
> attention to the poorest and most oppressed sectors
> of the working class.

Really? Depends on which "marxists"? I haven't seen too many of the various communist parties around the world taking up in a big way the sort of oppresion of housewives and students. In fact, most of them in the

"developed countries" seem to still think that it's the 1930s and that the concentration of political activity has to be in "heavy industry".

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx