manna for conspiracists

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Wed Jan 9 17:34:04 PST 2002

Chip B writes:
>Subject: RE: manna for >conspiracists

>Hi,

>...and what Scott accomplishes >here as well is to demonstrate the
>quintessential difference between >(his) lucid power structure
>research and febrile conspiracism.
>:-) - -Chip

Really, I arrived at more or less the same conclusions reading the newspapers. Sounds to me like your descriptions of his research--'lucid power structure research'--is a bit febrile itself. Still, his synthesis and writing were excellent.

Speaking of excellence, I do remember that Hakki was talking about the oil, gas and pipeline connections while people like you were scoffing. The disagreements and criticisms now lie with just how to interpret this connection. More a matter of emphasis than anything else. I don't think Afghanistan was altogether that high on Bush's priority list (probably forgot where it was), but it was probably a burning issue with some cliques in the government and the interests arrayed behind them.

BTW, Chip, could you when writing 2-3 sentence comments on a whole piece NOT quote the whole piece? It really turns the digest into a wall of words which forces me to skim to fast to get to the real reading.

Charles Jannuzi