manna for conspiracists

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Thu Jan 10 01:57:19 PST 2002

What claim? I posted an article, I didn't say I endorse it. It's food for thought, and I'm offering further evidence that supports the claim. This is what should be done as opposed to convulsing at the mere mention of covert operations.

Anyway, this sort of thing is rarely proven in a cast-iron way unless the intelligence is leaked or released under FOI far too late to do anything about it. I really doubt the French will go so far as to leak anything really incriminating. Look at the "odd coincidences" as a whole instead of focusing on each one individually, you'll see the improbability of it:

1 - FBI counterterror chief vainly raises heaven and hell to get ObL and finally blurts out everything to the French. His FBI career is then brought to a screeching halt (the briefcase) while he's simultaneously offered an attractive job (the WTC is where his ObL chase began) that takes care of his money problems. The first day he shows up for work, boom. Interesting.

2 - The U.S. is offered info on ObL as well as the man himself time and again. Hit teams are set up and ObL's position pinpointed several times, but like Carter's hostage rescue, "somehow" they screw up. A US ambassador in Africa warns State that islamic terrorists are casing his embassy but State and CIA sit on their hands. Qaeda leaders openly indoctrinate and train fighters in London mosques. S11 terrorists train at US air bases. A CIA agent meets ObL 2 months before S11, etc etc. You can argue the US was protecting Saudi or was tricked by ISI for individual cases, but you can't argue away the improbably monstrous size of the so-called "intelligence failure". If the CIA were really that flaky we'd all be speaking Russian.

3 - The plane that everyone forgot: AA flight 77 from Dulles to the west wall of the Pentagon, the only part of the building that had recently been reinforced against bomb attack. Hani Hanjour is supposedly the guy who did fighter pilot-class maneuvers on his last flight whereas his flight instructors wouldn't even let him take a Cessna up alone bec he was so hopeless. The flight lasted almost one hour and no jets scrambled bec 77 was "lucky" enough to be flying in an area with no active radar coverage. An unfortunate result of cost cutting?

4 - Airline stocks are sold short before the attack. The bank that does most of it is linked to the CIA.

5 - There was a war waiting for a pretext. The preemptive ObL attack theory in this case is ridiculous. Nobody can preempt a US attack. Is blowing up the Pentagon or the White House going to stop the immense US military machine in its tracks? Even Mullah Omar could see the idiocy of such a proposition. Only a total idiot would fail to see that a terrorist attack would supply the excuse for, and not preempt, a US attack. ObL is no idiot, as well as having been object-educated in the matter by Clinton's cruise missles.

Hakki