WHEN WILL BUSH BOMB IRAQ?

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Thu Jan 10 12:37:17 PST 2002

(...)

I disagree wit your analysis. Wolfovitz, Woolsey, and Perle are the main movers of the campaign to attack Iraq. Wolfovitz has had Saddam on his agenda since Desert Storm and ex-CIA director Woolsey is an important Pentagon consultant. They represent Israeli interests. Pentagon hawks jumped on the trio's bandwagon later in the day and McCain followed them. Lieberman is tagging along because, as I said, this is - was - Israel's show.

Wolfovitz's announcement of the list of US targets after Afghanistan is as clear an admission as you will get that the campaign to put Iraq on that list has _failed_. US funding for the Iraqi opposition has just been cut off (they're corrupt, so we're told - duh). Alexander Haig just spoke today saying Iraq had no connection with terrorism and the US should consider going after Syria instead. So the war against Iraq is _off_ and bombing continues as usual, unreported by the press. Your heading suggests that this is not the case.

Hakki