Liberty and LSD

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:14:09 PST 2002

Chris Beggy wrote:

> Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > ****************
> > Liberty & LSD
> > ****************
> > By John Perry Barlow, co-founder of the Electronic
> [CLIP]I know that the public terror of LSD is
> > based more on media
> > propagated superstition than familiarity with its
> > effects on the real
> > world. [CLIP]
>
> I wondered why the EFF was making so little progress on DMCA and DeCSS
> Chris

Apparently John Barlow never attempted to have a political meeting in which any of the participants were high on acid. Those of us who did have this experience feel no terror, merely contempt for those who pretend to be interested in politics while doping themselves. I'm thinking in particular of an (attempted) SDS meeting in my home when two of the members were leaning over the kitchen sink, watching the water bounce and moaning, "isn't that beutifullllll!" Assholes.

Carrol