Which class are the workers who owned Enron stock in?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Thu Jan 10 17:10:04 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Brown" <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:09 AM Subject: Which class are the workers who owned Enron stock in?

> Which class are the workers who owned Enron stock in?
> (Marxism as science)
>

> > %%%%%
> >
> > CB: Recall in a succinct anti-positivist quip, Marx said
something
> like if all of reality were evident to the senses there would be no
> need for science. They don't _look_ alienated, but through indirect
> evidence we infer... :>)
> >
> > ( "They" were on television ?)

> Um, underdetermination. Yeah, they were on CSpan.
>
> Ian
>
> %%%%%
>
> CB: What's the theory competing with Marx's ? They're happy
Christians, not pissed, because they took a vow of poverty ?

Portfolio choice theory. "Damn, I put too many eggs in the Energy market basket, I should have put it in the Internet. No, wait, Real Estate....no, damn, Steel, yeah that's it I should have put the money in Steel or maybe Argentine bonds....no, blast, wait, Toys and Weapons. Yeah, that's what I should have picked. Fuck, I'm an idiot."

Ian