Free Education in Afghanistan

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 06:21:39 PST 2002

Thanks for the info, Hakki. It was interesting enough, but I'm afraid it didn't answer my question about the cost of a university education. If that was in the links, they didn't work.

Hakki said:

>As I wrote earlier, Kemal Ataturk, republican Turkey's secular >founder,
>took
>a vivid interest in Afghanistan even while the Turkish war of >liberation
>was
>in progress

Funny you should mention this: while my friend was telling me about the free education, another member of our group, a young woman from Iraq, got into the conversation and solemnly affirmed everything he said about it. Does everyone in the region take a vivid interest in Afghanistan?

Todd