more dirt

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jan 12 07:25:17 PST 2002

Hakki Alacakaptan wrote:

> [...]

This is what real rather than imaginary "conspiracies" look like. They go on before the public and a lot of fuss is made about them and then they fade away. I really don't see why leftists are getting so hopeful about this scandal. It's as though they don't really believe in their own analysis of capitalism and its destructiveness; thus a bold and dramatic example of it leaves them shocked, and they begin to hope everyone else will be equally shocked by this commonplace, and perhaps rise up in wrath and overthrow the state or elect a Democratic Lieutenant Governor someplace.

Real conspiracies aren't hidden. They merely exhibit plausible deniability.

Carrol