more dirt

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Jan 12 09:37:12 PST 2002

At 11:18 AM 1/12/02 -0600, Peter K. wrote:

>I'm hopeful that this scandal will slowdown the push to privatize
>Social Security. It will certainly raise the cynicism level in
>the
>citizenry. It's up to us on the left to use/change that cynicism
>to create a political movement. The trick is how to do that.
>I doubt it involves the repititious spouting of uninspiring, drab
>dogma and the dampening of any and all enthusiasm
>encountered.
>
>Peter

pshaw, peter, the only thing to rejoice about is war. for war is the only thing that provides a platform from which the left can "use/change that cynicism to create a political movement".

fuckin aaaaaaaaaa carrol! what is all that stuff about the contradictions of capitalism in marx then? yes, there is a entire facet of marxist thought which makes it an issue of technical contradictions, but there are still others who argue that these contradictions between what the elite say and propagate as ideology vs. what they actually do are important schisms that the left is supposed to wrench apart and exploit for the purpose of advancing the struggle.

kelley