Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Jan 12 09:48:57 PST 2002

She's got it right in this case tho. It happened just accross the bridge from where I live. The area is surrounded by the richest neighborhoods (the rich kids drive by shaking their heads, their moms & dads frown, glare, or cringe) and is itself prime real estate with a view on the Bosphorus, which most working-class Istanbulites only see once a year on excursion from their bleak warren-burbs.

The cops didn't say there were that many dead but they probably lied, as usual.

Hakki