Britain's rail meltdown

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:05:07 PST 2002

Justin said:

>Health care is too, witness the appalling state of the US health care
> >system
>versus the national health in places where, unlike Britain, national
> >health
>care is actual taken seriously. I am thinking of Germany, France, >Canada,
>Cuba, for example.

Mmmm. Might want to put Canada on the endangered species list for national health care. It's being touted by the mainstream press (and of course, the right wingers) as being so far gone that it might as well be abandoned in favour of a more "U.S." style of private health insurance. They spout the same sort of ideas and warnings that Doug mentioned in Wall Street with regards to pensions. Watch Alberta and that prick Ralph Klein (the premier of the province); that's where the acid test will be done for two-tier health care, I think.

Todd