Science, Science & Marxism

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Jan 15 13:21:07 PST 2002

Science, Science & Marxism "Greg Schofield" <g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au> Subject: Re:

.

I am quite prepared to wipe off the self-identifieid Marxist organisations that now exist, if only on the basis that none seem in any realistic sense to be a part of worker's movement (nationally or internationally for that matter). I am with you on the next step, the tradition of formal partry organisation procliaming Marxism will probably never revive and I do not see this as a failure but a sign of historical sophistication (mind you I do not step away from various organisations filling the void much in the sense that Marx used in party of the working class in 1848 - something much broader than an organised party in the traditional sense).

^^^^^ CB: Greg, In the sense you and Justin are discussing, there are "no" more "workers" movements either. Opportunistic trade unionism is not a workers' movement. A "workers' movement" has to have some type of Marxist consciousness.

So, you two just dismiss the Cuban and Viet Namese Communist Parties as non-existent, or what ?

What exactly is your reasoning that " formal" Marxist parties will have a flow after this ebb ?