Up and down the road to a big anti-war movement

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Jan 15 14:13:21 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Brown" <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us>

- As I said once before, if the Old Left was a failure, and the New Left was a failure, why are

-you on the Left ? What successes are you basing your strategy for the anti-war movement on ?

I'm definately not a leftist for the foreign policy orientation of the CP or the success of the anti-Vietname movement; I'm a leftist for the desires and success of the left around the union, civil rights, civil liberties, feminist and other domestic movements. The Left has chronically splintered over connecting its domestic policy to foreign policy mobilizations.

Nathan Newman