(Do you believe) Marxism is a science?

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 15 20:27:42 PST 2002

Greg Schofield" <g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au>:

>Charles thanks for the >Vygotsky link as I have >wanted to read a lot more
>of him than I have and >seem to have overlooked >him at the archive
(usually >going there to look up >something specific).

Greg, Check out the way Comrade Lenin (love his style) deals not only with idealist reactionaries but 'scientistic' positivists as well:

http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1908/mec/

http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1908/mec/06.htm

See also Ilyenkov:

http://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/works/positive/index.htm

While I don't think philosophy will ever tell us what is and what is not a science, it's interesting to see the problem is not a new one and that there are far more perspectives than those of either anglo-analytic philosophy of science or French post-structuralism.

Charles Jannuzi