Recover

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Jan 18 15:03:12 PST 2002

At 05:31 PM 01/18/2002 -0500, Doug wrote:
>I know all these problems, but the labor market is showing signs of
>stabilizing, manufacturing bottoming out, and real wages for the 94%
>of the labor force that is employed are rising. Maybe I err too much
>on the side of avoiding leftie recession obsession, but all I'm
>saying is keep eyes and mind open to the possibility of recovery.

Barron's roundtable discussion was split last week: 1/2 for a mild recovery 1/2 for a secular bear market. Doesn't sound so hot, does it?

The bubble was fueled by its own virtuous cycle of booming expectations. The same cycle works in the other direction too. What would be the basis for a recovery? WE were the engine of global growth. How much more debt can the consumer (or corporations) pile on?

Speaking of which...where oh where is LBO. How about an article on Argentina?

Cheers,

Joanna B.