Central Planning (Napster?!)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 22:22:08 PST 2002

> I am not sure how you mean, how JIT could make
> centarlized planning
> obsolete. It was obsolete to start with.
>
> jks

Wrong choice of words. What I meant is this: that in a society with social ownership of the means of production, dont you think that some of the features of toyotaism (JIT, production on demand, etc) coupled with stuff like electronic commerce, XML, could effectively alleviate the symptoms of the capitalist mode of production and exchange, without "centralized" planning (and all of its shortcomings)? I am thinking of consumers and producers being linked electronically. I mean, just think of "Napster" but on a much larger scale.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx