Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Jan 19 21:30:30 PST 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >it ain't
> >going to be very easy to make new computer chips after the revolution.
>
> Well the No Work revolution at least.
>
> So no antibiotics either? Refrigeration? Motorized transport? So what
> about these 6 billion people walking the earth now - couldn't support
> more than a fracction of them if we all refused work, could we? I
> hear stuff like this and I think - "no work for me, I'm too cool, but
> all those other saps can keep toiling...."

That's a rather knee-jerk reaction to the anti-work argument.

Let me simply point out that a majority of the planet's population doesn't have access to antibiotics, high tech medicine, and other stuff that comfortable leftists assume will be sustainable after any type of revolution.

Shit, I don't even have access to high tech medicine right now, unless I want to incur a significant financial hardship (I'm unemployed and uninsured).

Why don't we work towards a revolution that strives to provide the essentials to everybody on the planet and at the same time eliminating alienated work. Then we can talk about who's going to volunteer to work at the antibiotics plant.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).