Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

kelley sui.generis at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 20 14:09:55 PST 2002

At 04:28 PM 1/20/02 -0500, kelley wrote:

>plumbers. welders.

oh yeah, i hired (and fired in three days)[1] a programmer a month ago. what did he used to do? underwater (and in sewage tanks) welding. welding is a craft. but people can only do it about 10 years and they're shot.

[1] grossly inappropriate sexism (including telling everyone else that i was banging the owner; telling me to my face that i was a "nasty girl" and saying uncalled for things about a techwriter) and an inability to work on a team and respect other people's abilities and contributions.