Brits upset about prisoner treatment

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Jan 20 16:54:58 PST 2002

I would call this the ideological dimension of imperial overstretch. Much harder than blowing people up. Bush's political problem in Europe is the opposite of his present political ascendance in the U.S.

Yeah, you're probably right. The compromise might be to leave them in indefinite detention, stateless, and not technically prisoners of war. That way, they rot in limbo. Aren't there still some Cuban and Haitian refugees lingering in similar detention centers in Florida? I don't know why the UK is so upset. Didn't they do the same thing to the IRA? Of course never mind the thousands of US criminals sitting in stir on bullshit drug possession and so forth...

I haven't been following Moussawi. And I haven't gotten an update on Walker either, since Cathy P's power chair has been behaving itself, so I haven't seen her to ask. In case you missed it, Cathy P's is the pro bono manager for the law firm that will most likely handle Walker's defense.

Chuck Grimes