Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sun Jan 20 19:02:25 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at tao.ca> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 6:36 PM Subject: Re: Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Joe R. Golowka wrote:
>
> >Your'e falsley equating food production with work. You can produce things
> >without doing work. I do it all the time.
>
> Eh? Planting, harvesting, processing, cooking - these aren't work?
> Are we speaking the same language?

Nope. These aren't examples of alienated labor. They also are basic life-sustaining practices that don't have to involve wage slavery.

These are examples of work that are essential to living. Wokring in a cubicle for a wage is an example of WORK (aka wage slavery). Office work is never empowering or nonalienating, despite the well conditioned robots who say that they love their jobs.

<< Chuck0 >>