Brits upset about prisoner treatment

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 21 18:20:31 PST 2002

Just to make sure I've got my simulacra of the simulacra correct: the Tom Cruise movie was called 'A Few Good Men', directed by Rob Reiner, and also had Keifer Sutherland, DeMI Moore, and Jack Nicholson (only Sutherland was convincing as military). I did get some things right: it was set at Gitmo but filmed in Monterey. The Marine drill corps seen at the beginning were actually cadets at Texas A&M.

Anyway, why couldn't lawyers use Cuban law to challenge the treatment--and more importantly prosecution--of the UK citizens at Guantanamo Bay?

Charles Jannuzi