Rappers show the flag (And Rock Music???)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 10:35:22 PST 2002

And what year did Rock lose its revolutionary character (in general)? Can we name a year, an album?

I can remember as a boy of 13 or 14 watching the "J Geils Band" on the TV show "In Concert" singing a song "First I look at the Purse" (that must have been around '72 or '73 and thinking: this is different,,,these guys are celebrating greed and money. I was thinking about that this morning as I listened to a "classical rock" station's DJ bash Arabs and the "bleeding hearts" who were concerned with the treatment of the prisoners in Guantanomo.

I thought PT Andersen't movie "Boogie Nights" did an excellent job of examining how the "me generation" 70s turned into the greed and consumerism of the late 20th century.

-Thomas --- Hakki Alacakaptan <nucleus at superonline.com> wrote:
> Rapper posturing turned out to be as fake as it
> looked: Rappers are "bad"
> only as long as it sells.

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx