Going Nazis, was Re: Starship Troopers...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 22 21:07:06 PST 2002

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> A few more excuses like the WTC/Pentagon attacks should push them and
> therefore the US government into out right nazism. I don't know if
> anyone has noticed it, but we are sitting on the fence as it is.

No. You are just seeing more clearly what an abyss of nastiness exists in (has always existed in) bourgeois democracvy _at its best_. As Doug once mentioned, after giving a list of Clinton's accomplishments -- Who needs fascism?

Lyching.

Massacres in the Philippines.

Interventon in Russia.

The whole list in Blum's books.

The Red Hunt under Truman.

On and on.

Who needs fascism? After all, fascist states are very apt to knock off a selection of big capitalists and their buddies. We don't have to fear the tyranny of fascism. We need to fear the tyranny of bourgeois democracy. The average ordinary citizen of Nazi Germany was much safer than the average citizen of the Mexican slums of San Antonio or the black neighborhoods of St. Louis, Chicago, and Detroit.

This fear of fascism is really dangerous. It blinds us to other forms of tyranny.

Carrol