Sharon upping the Ante

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Tue Jan 22 23:31:19 PST 2002

Hey all,

Two weeks ago, while I was moving apartments, someone broke into my old apartment through a window and stole some boxes of my stuff, including my computer (plus my Israeli and American passports, drivers liscence, etc.) It took until two days ago to get my girlfriends old computer updated with more memory and such, so that I could use it. Finding the thousand some e-mails (moslty LBO) was real fun. Sorry if I don't read all of them.

Anyway, here is a decent article from todays Ha'aretz which explicitly points the finger at Sharon for actively provoking an escalation in the violence.

>From Ha'aretz, Jan 23:

"There is mounting evidence that Ariel Sharon is in the middle of a plan for major escalation. And it won't be over until he's more than partially satisfied. "

"This dangerous leader ups the ante in his poker game every week. Israel failed to meet the conditions for renewal of the talks after a period of quiet. That period came and went while Sharon kept upping the ante. Let's remember, for example, that in the three weeks before Arafat's cease-fire speech on December 16, 44 Israelis were killed, while only one was killed in the three weeks following the speech. "

Please read the whole article here:

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=120571&contrassID=2&subContrassID=4&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y&itemNo=120571 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020123/f5984976/attachment.htm>