Yet another post

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jan 23 04:10:31 PST 2002

Question for people out there:

A very controversial issue in Russia today is the proposed legalization of buying and selling agricultural land. (Actually, I'm editing an interview with a Duma deputy on teh subject as we speak.)

I was under the impression that there were countries in Western Europe where land ownership is illegal. Come to think of it, isn't owning what's ON the land what's really important? You can already buy and sell farms in Russia. Anybody know the story on this?

Chris Doss The Russia Journal