criminal complaint

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Jan 23 08:25:05 PST 2002

Why do you suppose our Reichsfuhrer der SS, Chef der Polizei, Ashcroft had our Reichswehrminister Rumsfeld classify them in a status that was beyond the reach of US law, and outside the application of the Geneva Accords?

-clip-

Chuck Grimes

CB: There is no such legal status as beyond the reach of U.S. law and outside the application of the Geneva Accords. Bush especially may (sic) not go beyond the reach of U.S.

^^^^^

A prisoner of war is subject to the Geneva Convention, and a criminal is entitled to a fair trial w/all the usual rights. Yes? If these Al Qaida/Taliban guys are neither, what are they? What law governs their treatment?

mbs

^^^^^^^

CB: The Geneva Convention must be complied with if they are prisoners of war. If they are not prisoners of war, then U.S. ciminal law and procedure, including full due process, must be applied. There is no such legal place as beyond U.S. law and international law. ( See my "It's a war ")