lbo-talk-digest V1 #5591

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Jan 23 11:17:28 PST 2002

At 08:11 AM 01/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Connect the dots. Our allies seem to have.
>
>We await our chancellor's Reichsministerium des Innern,
>Reichspesetzblatt.
>
>Hail to the Chief.

Here. Here!

On a lighter note. Sort of. The announcement of infinite war, following 9/11, brought back to mind a terrific WWII movie: "Battle of the Bulge." In it, Robert Shaw plays a German commander; he has an adjutant (Heinrich). Toward the end of the movie, when it looks like the Germans are almost defeated, Shaw gets a telegram and Heinrich questions him about it:

Heinrich: Sir? Vat is happening? Have we won the war? Shaw: No. Heinrich: Vell zen, ve have lost the var! Shaw: No. Heinrich: I don't understand. If ve have not lost the var and ve have not von the var, vat is going on? Shaw: Ze best possible thing, Heinrich! Ze war goes on!

Something like that. Check it out. It's a great B movie, especially the scenes with the germans. Robert Shaw is fantastic!

Joanna B.