moving things along

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Jan 24 14:10:18 PST 2002

>I won't even quote the bits where he suspects your knowledge and
>sophistication!

Doug, anonymous ad hominen only adds to my lack of awe at the analysis. I never have argued that Dems don't sellout working interests opportunistically to corporate interests quite regularly; I just maintain that they don't do so often enough as to make support for them a useful strategy.

And the failure to "move along" the bankruptcy bill since the Dems took control of the Senate is merely one more example I cited, especially since their votes for that bill are cited by Dem opponents ad nauseum as proving their malfeasance.

And I repeat, since Daschle has had the power to appoint people to a conference committee since its Senate passage, why hasn't he done so if he is so enthusiastic to pass the bill? And since South Dakota is a major home to credit card processing centers, there is no doubt that he has interests in serving the credit card companies. So why hasn't he in this case?

It's a simple question. Sorry for my lack of sophistication in not asking a more complicated one.

-- Nathan Newman