Chinese Treatment of AIDS victims Redux

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 23:05:25 PST 2002

Let's face it. Mao and the Chinese communists, despite any good will any of them might have had, were mired in Confucianism. Puritanical towards sex and despite those peasant girls on the cover of "China Reconstructs" it is an unabashed patriarchal society as well. Mao might have waged those campaigns to criticize Confucius and Lin Piao, but I think it was just a facade covering a power struggle.

This isn't to say the Chinese Revolution didn't have achievements, but it never really got out of confucianist mode.

BTW, I dont know what the subject has to do with this topic, but acupuncture is a valid medical approach in some cases, despite Doug's snoddy comments about alternative health practices.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx