Fallaci's fascist bestseller

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Jan 26 03:04:30 PST 2002

Read in the papers here that Oriana Fallaci's "The Rage and the Pride" (La rabbia e l'orgoglio) is selling like hotcakes "all over the world". This is probably creative Turkish journalism as I can't Google a single hit for it but there's no doubt the book is #1 in Italy. The book is a spinoff of a Corriere interview where Ariana in her dying moments reveals once again the cesspool of chauvinism, sexism, racism, religion and other irrationalisms which she calls her mind, and where the bacilli of Berlusconi fascism have found an ideal breeding-ground:

Hakki ----------------------------------------- http://www.giselle.com/oriana1.html La rabbia e l'orgoglio

(Rage and Pride)

by Oriana Fallaci Il Corriere della Sera September 29, 2001 Translated by Chris Knipp

(...) The Declaration of Independence. "We hold these Truths to be self-evident. That all men are created equal. That they are granted by our Creator certain inalienable Rights. That among these Rights are the rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these Rights Men must establish governments..." And this piece of paper that, from the French Revolution on, all of us have well or badly copied, or by which we have been inspired, still constitutes the backbone of America. The living sap of this nation. You know why? Because it changes subjects into citizens. It changes plebes into a People. Because it invites--nay, orders--them to govern themselves, to express their own individual natures, to seek their own happiness. All of which are the opposite of what communism did in prohibiting people from rebelling, governing themselves, expressing themselves, or enriching themselves, and making the State "His Majesty" in place of the usual kings. "Communism is a monarchical regime, a monarchy of the old stamp. Whereby it cuts off men's balls. And when a man has his balls cut off he is no longer a man," my father said. He also said that instead of redeeming the plebes communism transformed everybody into plebes. It left everyone dying of hunger.

Well, in my opinion America redeems plebes. They are all plebes, in America. White people, black people, yellow, brown, violet, stupid, intelligent, poor, rich. Actually the most plebeian are precisely the rich. In the majority of cases, sure peasants! Rude, uneducated. You soon realize they have never read Monsignor Della Casa, they have never had anything to do with refinement and good taste and sophistication. Notwithstanding the money they squander on clothes, for example, they are so inelegant that by comparison the queen of England seems chic. But, by God, they're redeemed. And there is nothing in this world stronger and more powerful than redeemed plebes. You always break your horns against the redeemed Plebiscite. And they all broke their horns against America. The English, the Germans, the Mexicans, the Russians, nazis, fascists, communists. Last but not least the Vietnamese broke them when after their victory they had to get down on all fours so that when an ex-president of the United States goes to make them a little visit they touch the sky with a finger. "Bienvenu, Monsieur le President, bienvenu." The trouble is the Vietnamese don't pray to Allah. And with the sons of Allah it will be hard, very long and very hard. Unless the rest of the Occident stops being afraid. And does a little thinking and gives them a hand. (...)