Going Nazi

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Jan 26 06:16:47 PST 2002

That's why I said Italy and Spain were exceptions. The political opponents and the scapegoats in Italy & Spain were mostly one and the same. All Fascists have "final solutions" in mind but only Germany implemented it in an industrial way. The distinctiveness of Nazism is the high proportion of rationalism (military strategy, social engineering, science, etc.) that "supercharged" the fascist hogwash ideology and made it so lethal. That rationalist additive is the doing of highly trained German professionals, some of whom were intimated into collaboration, and others - notably the military - who were out to avenge the humiliation of Versailles. When the French fascists were brought to power by the Nazi invasion, they also proved to be remarkably efficient in rooting out commies and sending Jews to the camps. The Romanian Antonescu regime, supported by the Iron Guard fascists, was killing Jews so fast that the Nazis had to intervene because their bookkeeping couldn't keep up (Hilberg, Raul. The Destruction of the European Jews. New York: Holmes and Meier,1985, p.759).

Hakki