Suicide? Get real (RE: first suicide of major Enron figure)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:26:37 PST 2002

>From: John Mage <jmage at panix.com>
>
>There are only a handful of people able to put Lay or Skilling or Army
>Secretary White in jail by their uncorroborated testimony, and Cliff
>Baxter had clearly been one of them. Even Jim Yardley's NYTimes piece
>this morning had this bit:
>
> > " The former business associate who spoke by telephone with Mr.
> > Baxter two days ago said he had congratulated him "for being named
> > among those people who complained about Enron, and all he said was
> > `Thanks.' Everyone in the executive suite at Enron knew of his
> > complaints."
> >
> > This business associate added that Mr. Baxter "was talking about
> > perhaps needing a bodyguard, though I'm not sure where that idea
> > came from. He said: `I'm a businessman. Why do I need a bodyguard?'

Yikes. No, those do not sound like the words of a man about to commit suicide. Regrettably whatever data Baxter in particular held is now far beyond any retrieval wizardry, unless the feds' forensic expertise extends to use of Ouija boards.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx