Fight Club: Pro-Terrorist?

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun Jan 27 09:25:34 PST 2002

>Actually, the film is pretty faithful to the book, which is far
darker, and
>there are whole passages of narration that survive intact, word
for word.
>Tyler is indeed two people, no "Hollywoodization" there. In
fact, the book's
>author, Chuck Palahiuck, loved the film so much that he's
currently working
>with its screenwriter, Jim Uhls, on a project for HBO.
>
>DP

I hesitate to point this out, but Brad Pitt has picked some prescient scripts. Fight Club came out right before Seattle '99 (think of the Corporate Art ball rolling into Starbucks which Chuck mentioned. Again I hesitate to mention it, but it was sort of a jujitsu move like ObL with the planes and the WTC). In Terry Gilliam's 12 Monkeys, a nutjob decimates humanity with an anthrax-like bioweapon. And in the recent Spy Games, there's a storyline where the CIA employs local gangsters to assassinate a warlord in Beirut.

Also, Pitt's celeb wife, Jennifer Aniston did the very funny, but slightly Dilbert-like Office Space. She comes to mind b/c South Park just ran a rerun where she's a guest voice. Her character takes a musical troupe of children (called "Getting Gay with Kids") to Costa Rica to help save the rainforest with the gift of song. When lost in the forest, they encounter a rebels who are fighting the "fascists." Her movie "Rock Star" is out on video. Very funny although I'm not sure if it was intended to be.

Peter