conference call

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 27 13:20:09 PST 2002

LAST CALL FOR PAPERS International Sociological Association Brisbane, Australia July 8-13, 2002

RC 36, Alienation Research and Theory, announces the final call for papers. Alienation was central to Marx's critique of capitalism in the 19th C. But today, the rapid economic changes of new technologies, new forms of work impacting various institutions and subcultures, new forms of mass mediated culture, new political realities of globalization, anti-globalization movements, and terrorism has prompted new articulations of alienation and theories of alienation. There is still some room on the program, perhaps we may create additional sessions, and would cordially invite those with research/theory interests to join us next summer. Our sessions will include

1 Alienation and the new Technologies 2 Alienation Theory 3 Alienation and Social Institutions 4 Work and Alienation5 Alienation and Youth 6 New Frontiers of Alienation 7. Perpetuation of alienation - paradigmatic mechanisms

If you are interested, please send a proposal and abstract by Feb 15th to Lauren Langman, Program Organizer Llang944 at aol.com Devorah Kalekin, Chairperson dkalekin at univ.haifa.ac.il