Going Nazi

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Jan 28 11:36:50 PST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, joanna bujes wrote:

> (Before you flame me, please understand that I am NOT saying that the
> working class and people of color do not count. I am just saying that in
> the capitalist equation they don't count in theory or in practice. So the
> real test is what they're willing do to to the middle class and what the
> middle class is willing to put up with.)
>
> Joanna B.

Yeah, but "middle managers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your SUVs" doesn't have the same ring to it. Nevertheless, I think you're right: a few more of these Enron style egregious capitalist catastrophes, and a lot of middle classers who aren't college profs are going to be a little more skeptical of the Wonders of Free Markets.

Miles