Richard Lynn, ""Racial and ethnic differences in psychoopathic personality"

S Martens sm at kiera.com
Mon Jan 28 13:30:17 PST 2002

on 1/28/02 5:49 PM, Miles Jackson at cqmv at pdx.edu wrote:

> A fairly apt description of Eysenck but for the bit about psychotherapy:
> He is famous in psychology for arguing that any apparent effectiveness
> of "talk" therapies is in fact due to spontaneous remission of symptoms.
> He didn't think psychotherapy could cure anything, much less cancer.

Fair enough. I knew he didn't much like therapeutic techniques, but I assumed he had some other notion of therapy to sell. I haven't made an in-depth study of him.

He did think good health was in your head, not your environment. That was the major thinking behind his smoking research. Thus, I find it highly ironic that he died of brain cancer.

Scott Martens