slogans

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Jan 29 06:26:03 PST 2002

Seth Ackerman wrote:

> Yeah, screw the workers and their petty concerns. Who cares about jobs and
> medical care? The revolution is about ski-masks, man.

This is very much on my mind as I've been out of work for over 10 months. Of course, no job in the U.S. usually means no health insurance. This was brought home to me several weeks ago when I was knockked in the head by some teenager, across the street from a hospital.

That being said, I agree with Dennis that the time for standing down (if that was a legitimate thing to do) has passed. Not only is it a time to go on the offensive, but we need to do a better job of connecting local struggles against globalization with the broader movement. There is alot of interest right now in doing this.

> ....And I hate chants like that.

I agree.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).