rah rah

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 30 09:17:51 PST 2002

[posted from non-sub'd address]

From: "Mark McEahern" <mark at mceahern.com> To: "Lbo" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Subject: rah rah Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:15:46 -0800

i think bush would make a great cheerleader. too bad he didn't do any backflips last night. this seemed to be the recipe for the evening:

1. bush: [insert positive keyword or phrase]. 2. audience: clap wildly. 3. repeat.

hey, i thought these were serious times. i guess that doesn't mean somber. i'm just glad to know that we can have our cake and eat it too. tax cuts, increase military spending, save social security, allow younger workers to have private retirement accounts, strengthen medicare, prescription drugs, increase domestic oil production, more money for police and firefighters, public health and safety initiatives.

did i miss anything?

it was funny how bush laid all this out and then said something like, "we'll have small deficits unless congress fucks up like usual and gorges itself on pork."

wow, what a brilliant plan. there are no hard choices. and if the economy continues to tank because of the inevitable deficits, shrinking surplus, and ever expanding national debt, it's all congress' fault. that's responsibility, i say.

cheers,

// mark