slogans

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Wed Jan 30 11:00:04 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Destroying ATMs (& other physical facilities) doesn't make much dent
> in the power of banks, credit companies, and the like, as they can
> always build more of them, whereas organizing debtors' cartels might.

Well, yeah, burning banks isn't the only tactic we can use. I'm all for using a variety of tactics to fight capitalism and the state. Hence the name of my magazine, Practical Anarchy.

For all the press the black bloc gets about street riots, nobody is ever going to do a story on the black blockers I know who deliver food to the homeless, run web servers, feed the homeless, take over abandon housing, and currently in D.C., harass the mayor over his refusal to open the winter homeless shelter.

Thank god it is warm this week, otherwise more homeless would eb freezing to death.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).