Health care for elderly question

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Jan 30 14:03:35 PST 2002

My mother, 72, is about to lose her health insurance. The insurance was through the Teamsters and is due to expire three years after my father's death. He died last year.

That basically leaves her with medicare and whatever other insurance she can afford. The question is what can she afford? She is old, a smoker, a drinker, with lots of "pre-existing conditions" -- dependency on anti-psychotic meds -- not a rosy picture. Who would sell her insurance and at what price?

If any of you have any information, please send it along.

Thanks,

Joanna Bujes