unlawful combatants

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:44:25 PST 2002

>In any event, the US disappeared have relatives wives, mothers,
>brothers, fathers, they belonged to organizations (non-terrorist),
>went to school, had jobs, so among that collection are interested
>parties with a right to petition the court and who know they have
>been taken.

Petition the court for what? Unless they are agents or have power of attorney, their wives, children, etc. have no standing, far as I know. This may get litigated in the John Walker Lindh matter, where his parent hired him a lawyer.

The FBI has probably scared them to death, but even so,
>they exist, and have interest.

I don't like the unputation that we are doing nothing. You don't know what you are talking about. Guild, ACLU, and CCR lawyers are involved in both oprganized and unorganized ways; contact the CCCR (Center for Const. Rights)in NYC for more details. Let me tell you the people in Chicagowho are being "voluntarily interviewed," never mind disappeared, are scared shitless, desperately concerned to prove their patriotism by cooperating, and not the least interested in standing up for thecivil liberties of all Americans.