Congresswoman Lee: Hero of the left

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 1 23:02:24 PDT 2002

>...are these unimpeachable sources, Michael? ;-)

It is my understanding that Barbara Lee did send a statement of support to the Committees of Correspondence (now called CCDS, their national convention is coming up near the end of July at SF State. Keynoters will be such as Angela Davis, Manning Marable and [groan] Herbert Aptheker. CoC/CCDS was the split from the CPUSA in '91, if memory serves, at their Ohio convention.)

The Grenada Papers, from, ICS Press, edited by the late Cold Warrior at UCB, Poli Sci Dept., Paul Seabury, with assistance by that man of many ideological passages, Steven Schwartz http://www.anarchymag.org/39/munis.html ("FROM MUNIS TO MEESE: Left Communism or State Department Surrealism?)by Keith Sorelassisting, are the source for the docs from the New Jewel Movement that were seized by the US military during the invasion of Grenada. Did Ron Dellums say the docs were phonies?

Hillary Clinton was an officer in the 80's of the New World Foundation, a left-liberal group. They did give some money to CISPES.

Sad to say that, on some occasions, these predominentely Right-Wing Hit Jobs, have nuggets of facts about Leftists and Liberals of the past that are true! ;-(

Heh, time for me to read, "McCarthy and His Enemies, " by WF Buckley and Moshe Dector. And, "Biographical Dictionary of the Left, " published by the Birch Society publishers and, "Roosevelt's Red Record, " by Elizabeth Dilling. Chip and Doug, call my Psychiatrist. Michael Pugliese