Communism

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Tue Jul 2 06:07:50 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 07:35:40PM -0700, billbartlett at dodo.com.au wrote:

[...]

> You avoid it by supplying socially-produced goods and services
> unconditionally, without political government. The tyranny of the
> majority then applies only to the management of production, not
> consumption goods. Except to the extent that the majority can
> largely determine what consumption goods are socially
> manufactured. I'll be voting to cease manufacturing handguns or any
> concealable weapons.
>
> You would still be free to smelt your own iron and other raw
> materials and manufacture a handgun in the kitchen though, its a
> free country.

You vastly overestimate the difficulty in manufacturing a small, accurate machine gun. Anyone with access to a hardware store, some basic machining skills, and a drill press can do it. Smelting one's own iron would be hardly necessary.

Matt

P.S. Line breaks are nice.

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 I do not want to die without any scars.

-Tyler Durden