Determinism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 2 06:50:41 PDT 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> > >Just because people I disagree with made claims
> >that happen to have a superficial resemblence to mine
> >centuries ago does not make it false. Burke also
> >claimed that the world is round, does that mean
> >everyone making the same claim today is false?
> > Of course not.

> So far you haven't introduced any evidence that your claim is true.
> Just how many Marxist writers have you read?
> --
> Yoshie

That marxism is a dogma or a religion is a matter of religious faith for anarchists, libertarians, and the WSJ editorial page. And like any mechanically held religious faith, it saves a lot of time and trouble for the true believer. No need to read any actual marxists because they know in advance what any marxist has to believe, regardless of what she/he may say or write.

Carrol